Hut on the Hill - only 90 minutes from Melbourne
Heathcote is where you'll find the find the best dark sky in Victoria if not the southern hemisphere, but best of all, Heathcote is famous for producing excellent wines. For this is where the Shiraz grown is world class, where sheep & cattle grazing pastures have been transformed into vineyards & olive groves. Where cellar doors are popping up at a rapid rate. Only 90 minutes from Melbourne its no longer just a stopover for tourists visiting Bendigo & beyond, its now a very popular destination to take wine tours and sample some excellent local vintages. See our Photo Gallery for more images of Heathcote. All times quoted are approximate by road. If travelling from other directions please check Whereis for details.
From Melbourne airport
- Turn LEFT onto the Tullamarine Freeway following the road to Sunbury. Just before Sunbury, turn RIGHT into the Romsey-Lancefield Road. Take it to the end.
- Turn LEFT onto the Northern Hwy heading towards Bendigo via Heathcote then appprox 2Km past the Tooborac Hotel turn LEFT into Hardings Lane.
- Continue for a further 9k till you reach a T intersection then turn RIGHT into Dairy Flat road.
- Continue for approx 2Km till you reach the gate of 720 Dairy flat road on the LEFT - the entrance to the driveway up to HUT ON THE HILL.
40 minutes from Bendigo
- Take the McIvor Highway south to Heathcote, travel past Axedale.
- Continue through Heathcote till you reach the 3rd 90Kph sign then after approx 100 meters turn RIGHT into Dairy Flat Road.
- Drive past the reservoir - continue onto a gravel road till you come to the intersection of East Beynton road & Dairy Flat road - keep LEFT.
- Travel SOUTH for approx 1.5Km till you reach the gate of 720 Dairy flat road on the right & continue up the driveway to HUT ON THE HILL.
- If you get lost phone us on 0417315880.
By car from Melbourne
- Take the Greensborough bypass to the Hume Highway & continue to Kilmore.
- Then veering LEFT take the Northern Highway to Bendigo via Heathcote.
- Approximately 2.k past the Tooborac Hotel turn LEFT into HARDINGS LANE.
- Drive approximately 9k on a gravel road till you reach a T intersection then turn RIGHT into Dairy Flat Road.
- Continue for approx 2Km till you reach the gate of 720 Dairy Flat road on the LEFT continue up the driveway to HUT ON THE HILL.
- Approximate travelling time is 90 minutes.